What would it take to lower a 90 c1500 2/4 and improve ride quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moorekennels

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 90 c1500 that I would like to lower 2/4 or 3/5. The truck is my daily driver so I would also like to improve the quality of the ride if possible. Any suggestions that may be helpful in doing so? ......The truck already has shackles to level it out.
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Some good shocks (B/T Street Performers) & a rear sway bar. I used one off of a C1500 Suburban.
A 5" rear drop is a near impossible amount to drop these trucks. 4" or 6" is the basic standard.

Last edited:

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, so far i have found that rubber bushing and stock springs with monroe or equivalent shocks ride the best. Im currently in the process of a 2/3 on my ecsb. Ill ne keeping 15s, but trying the belltech shocks cause i got a stupid deal on them from a friend.

My 5/7 truck is all poly and stiffer springs and bilstein shocks and 18s. Its not a horrible ride, but it definitely ain't a caddy.

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the belltech 2/4 drop, it is ALOT of work in the back for the front hangers but overall I like it!