What stereo am I looking for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Metra's website did not pull up that 95-3000 kit when I searched earlier... Weird... Thank you guys for refreshing my memory though.

I also am a big fan of Pioneer radios, I've run them in all of my vehicles for many years now. The Pioneer AVIC-W6600NEX meets all the requirements in the original post and can be had for around $800.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZevqZyrZvMw/p_130AVW6600/Pioneer-AVIC-W6600NEX.html

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
you could do this in factory location. the pic is kicker 10 , its the same size as the newer model in the link

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646KMC5/Kicker-46KMC5.html

You must be registered for see images attach

Who's truck is that? I've seen the picture posted a couple of times I was thinking of stealing the idea, but I wanted to see if any modifications to the bezel were needed. The listed specs say no, but I'd sure like to here from the person who did it before I buy the radio.

Lowpad

Reaction score
Idk how you'll fit it into an old style dash. But I have a pioneer 8500nex and it does everything you want and more. Couldn't ask for better.
Did you have to modify the area behind the dash to fit the Pioneer?

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Did you have to modify the area behind the dash to fit the Pioneer?
Yes. There's a support behind it that you'll need to partially remove. Dremel would work best. I used an angle grinder and some pliers. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but you can find them on other threads.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
I like Pioneer radios, I've had some great results from them, and they have proven to be o f top notch quality for me.
My pet peeve about them right now is the extra modules you have to buy to make features work.

I have a double din Pioneer that looks like a dead ringer for that 8500nex, but I'd have to dig it out to confirm;
I pulled it from a 2009 Cobalt SS that I am putting back to stock, and it has maybe four modules, of which navigation is not one of them.
I looked into it, and it would be several hundred dollars just to buy the navigation module...

@emccomas57 - I'd honestly suggest you stay away from off brand stereos unless you want to be buying replacements in short order... they might look nice, and function well for a short while, but the big names have proven themselves to be solid investments - if aftermarket stereos are your thing.
The 8500nex comes with navigation built in and a GPS receiver in the box. Just bought one

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk how you'll fit it into an old style dash. But I have a pioneer 8500nex and it does everything you want and more. Couldn't ask for better.
Any modding required? Also what dash kit?
I also cant help but ask, how did you do this?

Awest623

Reaction score
Any modding required? Also what dash kit?

I also cant help but ask, how did you do this?
Metra double din kit. They have two types. I got the one that replaces the entire bezel. Have to cut some material out inside the dash. And the radio can be programed to display whatever picture you want on start up

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Metra double din kit. They have two types. I got the one that replaces the entire bezel. Have to cut some material out inside the dash. And the radio can be programed to display whatever picture you want on start up

Do tell more about the splash screen please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awest623

Reaction score
Do tell more about the splash screen please!

It's in the instructions.

You can load up the picture you want on USB or an SD card and select it as the splash screen. Can do the same for the background as well. Can also adjust fonts, style, and colors on screen and buttons.

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's in the instructions.

You can load up the picture you want on USB or an SD card and select it as the splash screen. Can do the same for the background as well. Can also adjust fonts, style, and colors on screen and buttons.

Thanks! Must of been that book with all the words that I didn’t bother to read at the time.
[emoji33][emoji33]