Stereo Install Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supspt454

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a company still makes an install kit to use a single din chassis and a 1/2 din EQ? I know the factory stereo is a 1.5 din chassis and they used to sell install kits to fit the standard single din stacked with a 1/2 din EQ. I’m building an old school Rockford Fosgate system in my 97 and I want to use my PA-1HD EQ. So far everything I see locates the single din centered in the opening, or it has a cubby pocket under but molded to the kit. I guess I can always modify. Just trying to make it look clean.

supspt454

Reaction score
metra has 3 choices... 99-3002, 99-3043, or 99-4000 (has small pocket under single din opening)
I saw those earlier. The 99-4000 looks like the pocket is molded to the frame. I just remember they used to sell one that had a trim piece that snapped into place with the 1/2 din cutout. Thanks for the reply. I may just have to modify that one.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Why not just buy a modern radio that has all of those features and more already integrated into it? Don't get me wrong, I love vintage gear, but adding & running wires in a car is a PITA compared to in the house. There are decks out there which are laid back like the ones of old, if the modern fugly appearance is the issue...