What part is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What part is this? Seems to be some kind of foam or filter behind it. Also how do I remove it? Not an AC guru so any help would be greatly appreciated. It's showing its age as the slightest pressure on it will cause the plastic to crack. Thanks guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
What part is this? Seems to be some kind of foam or filter behind it. Also how do I remove it? Not an AC guru so any help would be greatly appreciated. It's showing its age as the slightest pressure on it will cause the plastic to crack. Thanks guys.

You must be registered for see images attach
It's the AC Blower motor cover. To remove it you need to remove the glovebox, then reach above the cover to unhook the top of it, then unhook the bottom of it. Here's a video explaining how to remove it:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

EDIT: Also, if you need another cover I got a spare one if you're interested.

Last edited:

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got any pics? Thank you that is exactly what I'm looking for.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT TO HI-JACK A POST OR ANYTHING BUT I HAVE A QUESTION IN REGARDS TO THIS.. WHILE I WAS TAKING THE COVER OFF, IT PRETTY MUCH FELL APART IN MY HANDS AND IS NOW USLESS. IS IT OK TO RUN THE HEAT/AC WITH THE COVER OFF, OR SHOULD I ATTEMPT TO LOCATE ONE AND INSTALL ANOTHER ONE ON IT? THANKS GUYS.. -MIKE

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
NOT TO HI-JACK A POST OR ANYTHING BUT I HAVE A QUESTION IN REGARDS TO THIS.. WHILE I WAS TAKING THE COVER OFF, IT PRETTY MUCH FELL APART IN MY HANDS AND IS NOW USLESS. IS IT OK TO RUN THE HEAT/AC WITH THE COVER OFF, OR SHOULD I ATTEMPT TO LOCATE ONE AND INSTALL ANOTHER ONE ON IT? THANKS GUYS.. -MIKE
Chill with the caps!!!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Mine fell apart over several months and I haven't replaced it. Nothing seems to have happened because of it

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After getting a new one and doing my research it seems all the do is keep the motor from getting any dust or particles in it and to deaden the noise.