WANT A DRAIN PLUG FOR MY 4L60E....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
WANTING TO WELD IN A DRAIN PLUG FOR THE 4L60E. ANYONE DONE THIS? WHAT SIZE BOLT/ NUT DID YOU USE? IS THERE A RUBBER O-RING FOR THE BOLT OR A COPPER WASHER? ANYBODY?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use an oxygen sensor weld in bung that you can get from most exhaust shops or most any parts store if they know what it is or can use a parts book... usually not listed in the computer....

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They sell a kit at oriellys that you just drill a hole and install there bung with a nut and gasket, comes with the plug too. Ive used it many times and works great. I believe its a B&M peice.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used that kit to.... the OP stated they wanted a weld in though.. but it is an option that does work..

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
I do currently have the drilled through one installed. I don't like it, because it leaked and had to gum it up with some sealer. Doesn't look good. That's why I would prefer the weld on one.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
PONCHO62,

THAT'S A GOOD IDEA TOO, UNFORTUNATLY CAN'T FIND ONE THAT ALSO HAS A MAGNET. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT TYPE OF WEAR THE TRANS HAS. THE PRICES OF THE PANS WITH THE DRAIN PLUGS ARE GREAT, $25-$40. IF ANYBODY SEE'S ONE WITH THE DRAIN PLUG AND MAGNET LET ME KNOW.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Please make sure the caps lock light isn't on...

-via Mobile