Unusual Rear Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Is there any way on these trucks that the rear end can be out of alignment? I have Cooper Cobra Radials with 6000 miles on them and the rear tread is nearly gone on the outside. A year ago the truck was in a wreck and the frame was bent but it was straightened out by a reputable garage. Attached are some photos. Thanks

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your frame was bent then you can have suspension components off, also your frame may be a hair off, if there good its unnoticeable to the human eye.. what I would suggest is religiously rotate your tires

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not sure if the other side would. The truck was put into a ditch and hit a 36 inch culvert so the right side took the impact. The whole right front end was bent up.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just an axle. I recall changing axle shaft seals a few months back and having to hammer the right axle in and out while the left slid right out. Being stupid, I just hammered it back in and thought nothing of it.