Unusual Rear Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything was straightened out after the wreck and I drove it for several more months like that until my ball joints starting popping and I ended up rebuilding my whole front end while I was in there.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is very hard to entirely straighten a frame. As Suburbans and 454rat mentioned, axle, springs, spring hangers could all be out of plumb too. From the looks of the pics something surely ain't straight anymore.

I agree , especially since the frames on these trucks are not as strong as I thought.. found that out by accident....

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can see from the picture that the front end took most of the impact. The RF wheel was pushed up and back in the wheel well quite a bit although you can’t really tell from the photo.

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well in that case time for a new axle. 342 or 373 lol. Just don't be surprised if more stuff is off, only way to tell is it you rebuild the rear and stuff dont line up.. kind of a domino effect

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well in that case time for a new axle. 342 or 373 lol. Just don't be surprised if more stuff is off, only way to tell is it you rebuild the rear and stuff dont line up.. kind of a domino effect
342. I’ve become quite familiar with the domino effect this year with this truck. My wallet has too! Hopefully it’s just an axle. This is my only vehicle and it’s just as important as my saws and impact drivers with the work I do.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
342. I’ve become quite familiar with the domino effect this year with this truck. My wallet has too! Hopefully it’s just an axle. This is my only vehicle and it’s just as important as my saws and impact drivers with the work I do.

I'm with you. 23yrs, this truck part of my family, I had my frame journey earlier this year...