Turndowns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have turndowns on mine that end right before the rear tire. I have them slightly angled outward instead of straight down. Definately will get your attention crusin by, especially with my big block.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have mine dumped on my tahoe its louder for sure and sounds pretty good with the exhaust sound echoing off the ground. going to be changing it up so i can hear inside when i got people riding with me haha

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i prefer my exhaust to have tail pipes i think it sounds better how about something like this you can see it from the out side and it still has tail pipes or something like droppedasachild has on his classic 99 were you can barley see them dumping out the corner of the body

You must be registered for see images attach

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
I like the look of that looks clean. I want the deepest meanest sound i can get, im the kinda guy that wants to be heard going down the street and get peoples attention. :evillol: My moms a police officer, so i know a lot of officers and there cool with loud exhaust some of them have the loudest trucks in the city :) You give them respect they'll give you respect right back! I have 2 dogs, but they rarely ride in the truck, to much hair shedding :lol:. I want to be able to hear it from the cab, so if its at the bumper will it sound as loud in the cab? I don't usually haul anything unless it pallets for a bonfire, nothing like a boat. This will only be until summer when i get my exhaust redone headers back.

Thanks for all your help already guys :)

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so who here doesn't know that the Lightning exhaust dumps in front of the rear tire. You guys were talking about only low in work trucks and this and that. That truck for it's time was TOP of the line. The 2nd Gen lightnings are clean, I'm a GM guy through and through but those things look and sound good, with a little bit of work.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Also Vipers, many Vettes and other vehicles use and have used side exit exhaust. And if you look at the issues they have caused you'll see why I don't like them.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess you've got a point. I still think it looks pretty good though. Mine is currently dumped right behind the axle and will probably stay that way for a long time. I just dont think there's any good place for the exhaust to exit on our trucks without it looking "off". Just my .02 though

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I have turn downs on both of my trucks, i for one love the look of no tips, both of mine are right before the axle, and no, i have not died from the fumes. :rolleyes:, my orange truck sounds mean as hell with the turn down coming right out of the muffler. my blue truck has quiet exhaust, and is only a V6, so it doesnt matter, lol

also, having turndowns doesn't automatically mean louder, the loudest exhaust system i ever had was a true dual full system with 45* tips out the back.

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I guess you've got a point. I still think it looks pretty good though. Mine is currently dumped right behind the axle and will probably stay that way for a long time. I just dont think there's any good place for the exhaust to exit on our trucks without it looking "off". Just my .02 though
:word: