Turbo v6, my ideas and hopes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Awesome, anything turbo'd is always cool.

I wonder how that GM plastic intake is going to like being boosted...that ones plastic right? Is it the goofy looking CPI GM first introduced on the blazers or the later style? Wait was that one Aluminum?

(site problems are the 43-500 robots doing nothing maybe? 200 guests and a billion robot visitors...uggh) Maybe? I don't know, I'm bored...

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, anything turbo'd is always cool.

I wonder how that GM plastic intake is going to like being boosted...that ones plastic right? Is it the goofy looking CPI GM first introduced on the blazers or the later style? Wait was that one Aluminum?

It's two piece aluminum bottom with black plastic top. It not the one that has the funky tuned port style runners.

Its this one:
You must be registered for see images attach

dave_erald

Reaction score
I kinda thought it was that one. Still, those tiny perimeter bolts and junky factory gaskets under boost, I guess you would have to ask someone that's done this before. Probably fine at 6lbs of boost, but if I had to hazard a guess anything over 6 would be a problem maybe? Somebody's had to have boosted one of these things before

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kinda thought it was that one. Still, those tiny perimeter bolts and junky factory gaskets under boost, I guess you would have to ask someone that's done this before. Probably fine at 6lbs of boost, but if I had to hazard a guess anything over 6 would be a problem maybe? Somebody's had to have boosted one of these things before

There's not much info out on them that I can find, but there's some people who have claimed to have done it. However there are kits for superchargers for them, the Vortec type.. So it could be assumable that whatever those kits come dialed in at could be safe.

Good point on the earlier styles, they are indeed aluminum which could probably take more boost but look at that throttle body.. Its all cast together? I would like to see the bottom side of one of these.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's pretty different, appears it doesn't have bolt angle on the bolts as the Vortec heads.

dave_erald

Reaction score
That's the goofy motherf#&^#% right there

Stupid butterfly port changer in the middle too, and spider injectors, or tubes and two tbi injectors in the middle? Christ it's been awhile...

Yeah nevermind, don't use that thing. Yuck

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Im a huge turbo guy. Love the ingenuity! This is the stuff we did in highschool for fun. (Oh god i feel old). Make sure your tubro is large enough to handle the exhaust volume. Look at a/r number to make sure its gonna work. Maybe quick reference roadkill and the ratsun turboed 4.3 with a powerstroke turbo. You may find a t4 is a little small for a v6.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk