Turbo v6, my ideas and hopes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
You're completely right about cubes making torque. And a v8. Is for sure ideal. Still a cool idea what he's doing though. And in a small car or lightweight pickup turbos still drive awesome.

I agree, turbos are awesome either way. But cubes just don't make more torque, they move more air ;) Air is king in turbo-land!

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Wow. My head hurts. Air does nothing without fuel. Fuel does nothing without air. Combustion requires air and fuel, and either a spark or enough compression to light it off. Displacement and dynamic compression are big factors along with volumetric efficiency, as well as brake mean effective pressure. Natural aspiration and forced induction are two different, conpletely.different animals. I sure hope to **** a $10,000 forged plutonium twin turbo 4 banger in a 1800# car can beat a dump truck engine in a shoebox in a race. Now, put two turbos on the fo fitty fo and you have another story on your hands.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scotty dc. I apologize for making a couple random comments about cool things. Because I predict those comments will turn your thread into an Internet poo throwing contest. Hasn't quite got there yet, can see it coming though.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Poo throwing I can handle, totally expected. It's surprising how even when the poo is being thrown a few good ideas can be mixed in. Kind of a gross analogy.. but hey..

I was thinking last night about what it would take to build a remote oil system for the turbo.. One that is mounted on the frame or in the bed that uses it's own supply of oil instead of sharing the engines oil. Since a remote turbo system has to use a pump anyways to push oil back to the engine this might be a good alternative.

I'd need a pump to circulate oil through the turbo and into the aux oil tank. Pros I could run a better turbo specific oil maybe one with a viscosity that will prolong bushing and bearing life. But the best part according to my limited logic is, no worries of a line breaking or leaking and draining my engine of oil causing a catastrophic failure and since a remote mount turbo would use probably 5 times or more the amount of line to feed and return oil those chances might be greater than normal.

A tank like this might work well.. it would need a feed, return, and possibly a vent. This one in particular is a 4 quart Go Cart fuel tank...it says performance on it.. so its good for a few hp.
You must be registered for see images attach

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
How many hundreds of dollars and hours are going to be expended on this very, very unconventional remote turbo'd 3/4 of a 350?

Not sure how many of you know who Zora Arkus Duntov was, but he was a pretty sharp fella. He was quoted as saying "It is not necessary to build a swimming pool to determine that a bowling ball won't float".

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many hundreds of dollars and hours are going to be expended on this very, very unconventional remote turbo'd 3/4 of a 350?

Not sure how many of you know who Zora Arkus Duntov was, but he was a pretty sharp fella. He was quoted as saying "It is not necessary to build a swimming pool to determine that a bowling ball won't float".
Lol. I'm going to use that quote next time some 20 year old engineer comes up with something ridiculous.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Billions...

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
But - I'll throw this in here just because I can - it's the innovators that worked with what they had, to squeeze every bit of power out of whatever they were working with, that made the performance industry what it is today. Regardless of our opinions, its the gearhead credo that unifies us; grab some buddies, turn some wrenches, and make whatever it is, yours.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll keep a rough tally of how much I spend, but again the goal is to turbo this truck, not just the v6 do it in a manner that whatever is invested in it will be used again on a v8 swap later down the road.

This site is having problems today.