Tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
1997 GMC K1500, 5.7

I want to do a tune up...plugs, cap, rotor, wires. Anyone got some plug recommendations..Brand, type of plug? There are so many types these days...copper, platinum, iridium etc

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I think Delco plugs are made by NGK. I just did a tune up and used Delco Iridium plugs and she loves it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I use NGK they seem to give me the best results

sent from my outdated S3

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I use NGK they seem to give me the best results

sent from my outdated S3

Also all in all i saw avoid MSD unless your going for thier real high quality stuff thier tune up kind of stuff seems to be pretty hit or miss and ive had bad luck

sent from my outdated S3

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did plugs and wires on my 00 and my advice would just be to stay away from parts store brand parts. stick with reputable companies, buy acdelco if its in your budget those parts were made for your motor. Another word of advice is to stay away from crazy plugs like e3's or multiple electrode plugs. In my experience they are nice right out of the box but they dont last neer as long as stock replacements. Plus they are nowhere neer cheap!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I liked my E3s and i had um for a pretty lomg time

sent from my outdated S3

ernjohn

Reaction score
as far as cap/rotor get 'em w/ brass/copper contacts if possible - they seem to last longer than ones w/ aluminum contacts.
for spark plugs, nothing wrong with the copper-based ngks (TR55) or acdelcos (R44LTS6).