Identify this drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlsewar

Reaction score
Hi All!
New here just having bought my truck about a year ago, and having little to no info on it I was hoping for some guidance. It was advertised as a 5/7 drop but seems to have more rake than what i see from others. Center of wheel to fender is about 14-1/2 in the front and 15-1/2 in the back. No identifying features in the front and the back appears to have a welded c-notch, stock hangers and shackles with a flip kit. Any info is well appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, that’s a beautiful truck!

If I where to guess it looks like maybe a 5/6? Flip kit by itself is 6”. Could be Any combination in the front.

What size are your tires?

When are you starting a build thread with lots of photos?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine with a 4/6 Belltech kit measures 29 5/8" in the front, and 28 5/8" in the rear. Measured from the ground to the fender lip, with stock diameter tires.
But has less than 100km since the drop, so hopefully it settles more.

Looking at pics of mine, I would be inclined to say you are probably sitting at a 5/6 drop.

Grab a pic of the rear shackle, then we can confirm it's stock.
How many leaves in the rear leaf spring?

By the way, that's a good looking truck!!!

Added a pic of mine to compare tire to fender gap. Yours looks a bit tighter, but again, mine probably hasn't settled completely.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a awesome 2 tone right there by gully!!!

As stated above, hard to really say as to the drop in question!? How long has it been installed etc... Pictures are worth...

photos will really help us out so as to help you out, my guess, 5/7, trying to peer hard at the rear though the tire/fender gap(1st photo) appears to be a single leaf in the rear? Stock front/rear leaf hangers and a flip could put you at 7" at the rear, or the leafs are plum wore out?
Great looking truck and welcome to the forum!!

Carlsewar

Reaction score
Okay so I was kind of thinking it may be 5/6, drop shackles would get it down to 5/7 if I understand correctly? I attached another photo with the wheels that came on it where you can see the rake a little easier, as well as the best photos I could get of the rear suspension at the moment.
Current tire size is 225/70r15 in the front and 235/70r15 in the back on 15x7 rallys and a 1/4 in spacer in the back.
As far as a build thread goes I haven’t done much yet as it was pretty much done when I got it just wheels and tires, new lights all around and a true dual exhaust. Not much more planned this season other than some tune up.

Also appreciate the admiration! I love this truck but it looks way better in photos lol

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear looks like all stock stuff to me.
There’s also a little over an inch difference in the tires that’s contributing to the rake.

Carlsewar

Reaction score
The rear looks like all stock stuff to me.
There’s also a little over an inch difference in the tires that’s contributing to the rake.

But a larger tire in the back wouldn’t increase wheel gap right? And even the original setup which was 235/75r15 all the way around still had rake. My thinking leads me to believe a 7 inch drop in the rear would level it out a bit more. But I definitely don’t want any squat or reverse rake.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fer sure, you could throw some shackles in the back, most have separate holes for a 1 or 2” drop.

That last photo shows a decent rake, you’re probably closer to 5” in the front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975