Trailer hitch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have the street scene hidden hitch with the plate flip up kit. But I'm running into some problems. What hitch works with that hidden hitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
"What hitch works with that hidden hitch" - huh?

Do you mean, what ball mount works with it? Roll pan receivers that mount behind the plate, on a sufficiently lowered truck (4/6, 5/7) want a straight-out ball mount to be level with your typical lightweight trailer. But the ideal tongue height of your trailer is the ultimate deciding factor. My little 4x8' utility but also a 20' car hauler trailer I used to have, were just right with the straight-out ball mount.

One kinda like this -

You must be registered for see images

Best possible answer I've got for you at this point since you didn't really say what kind of problems you're having. Anyway I've got a roll pan hitch and flip plate bracket, and pulled trailers many, many times with no issues. One thing I do different than how I've seen a lot of others, I flip my plate down instead of up. Never gets in my way like that. I cheated and used an OEM plate fold bracket that I've had forever, if I recall it came off a bubble Caprice. Welded a couple scraps to it so it would bolt up in the right place to my pan - years ago on a previous truck, the pan on it didn't have anywhere down low to bolt to so I had to bolt up top.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I used a flip down bracket off of a '60's Impala. Originally had the plate bracket so that it flipped up, but got harassed by the boys in blue. The way the bracket was originally mounted pushed the plate out too far for it to be lit up by the light. With the bracket flipped, the top now sits in closer to the roll pan, and gets lit up better.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I used a flip down bracket off of a '60's Impala. Originally had the plate bracket so that it flipped up, but got harassed by the boys in blue. The way the bracket was originally mounted pushed the plate out too far for it to be lit up by the light. With the bracket flipped, the top now sits in closer to the roll pan, and gets lit up better.

I dont even have a light, never been harassed!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I dont even have a light, never been harassed!

With the latest round of gang turf wars (murders, beatings, kidnappings, random house shoot-em-ups, drive-by's. etc.) the local cops will use any excuse to pull anyone over. They're under a lot of pressure right now.
Besides, this is the town the Bacon Brothers called home. Before THEY were gunned down! Lotsa wannabe's trying to fill their shoes.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
With the latest round of gang turf wars (murders, beatings, kidnappings, random house shoot-em-ups, drive-by's. etc.) the local cops will use any excuse to pull anyone over. They're under a lot of pressure right now.
Besides, this is the town the Bacon Brothers called home. Before THEY were gunned down! Lotsa wannabe's trying to fill their shoes.

True! im just so used to the simple life up here :lol:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't mean what hitch works with the hidden hitch. Was a long night last night. So what I need is a straight ball for it to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk