Hitch part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy, just looking for a part number for a proper hitch for my k1500. It’s a short bed so I’d like the spare to still be able to fit and my current hitch is set too far forward to be sleek or hidden, this puts the cross bar in the way of the spare.
I was just curious if anyone has the part number for a quality class 4 hitch if possible. Towing hay racks loaded up with pumpkins on the farm gets pretty heavy. (I’m aware of other components involved in towing braking, suspension etc and have already beefed up most of the truck).

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed a CURT 13082 on my 96 K1500 RCLB. Just like OEM, no interference with spare tire.
You must be registered for see images attach

• Rated to 6,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 600 lbs. tongue weight
  • Compatible with weight distribution hitch (10,000 lbs. WD / 1,000 lbs. WDTW)
  • Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
  • Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
  • Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
  • Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
  • Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
  • Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
  • Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
  • Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
  • Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
  • Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
Notes:

• Features a split main body and OEM style
  • Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
  • Includes installation hardware

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All three of the trucks in my signature have receivers I bought at Pull-A-Part. They charge $35 - you'll spend more on new grade 8 hardware to mount it. Look for one like Caman96 has pictured there, and make sure the steel is at least 1/4" thick. My son's truck has an even beefier hitch that ties to the bumper.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would’ve gone to a boneyard, but around here they are all junk and rusted out.
I got the CURT off of Amazon, was supposedly “Open Box” and missing mounting hardware. When it arrived, was still sealed in factory box WITH all brand new hardware. $56.23 :biggrin:
You must be registered for see images attach

They are normally $200-$250.00.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM is not in hitch manufacturing business. They would have sourced them from any hitch manufacturer. The part numbers would either be NLA. ( no longer avail ) or bounced you to any hitch manufacturer.
The Curt above is exactly like my K2500 came with on the trailer option RPO.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There used to be Hidden Hitch, think sold by Draw-Tite, that tuck under, but IDK if they still support a product for a vehicle that's been out of production for so long