Torque app for android.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but do you need mobile data for this? Like when you are going down the road? Or does the blue tooth cover that? My mobile data doesn't always work. Just curious, and where can i find out if i have the obdII? This whole set up seems very cool.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but do you need mobile data for this? Like when you are going down the road? Or does the blue tooth cover that? My mobile data doesn't always work. Just curious, and where can i find out if i have the obdII? This whole set up seems very cool.

1996 and newer have OBDII

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question, but do you need mobile data for this? Like when you are going down the road? Or does the blue tooth cover that?...

Shouldn't require your mobile carriers data to use it.

I keep my data turned off.

Your phones bluetooth or wifi(depending on adapter)should take care of the local communications between the phone and the vehicle/adapter.

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so just to be clear this app will display codes and code definitions and also give you full data stream? I've been hurting the last three years not having any 'real' diagnostic equipment at my disposal. Not interested in using it for gauges, I just need it as a diagnostic tool. Would this app be good or is there something better for my needs out there?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It will tell you the codes and what the codes mean of thats what your asking

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is exactly what 'codes and code definitions means'.

Will it show the full data stream? And by this I do not mean 'will it wrk as a crappy generic OBD II code reader.' I mean will it allow me to view, In real time, what's going on inside the motor via sensor outputs. Such as fuel trim, coolant temp, O2 sensor voltages, MAF volume etc etc.

I do not need a 'code reader' I need a 'scan tool with data stream'.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Will it show the full data stream? And by this I do not mean 'will it wrk as a crappy generic OBD II code reader.' I mean will it allow me to view, In real time, what's going on inside the motor via sensor outputs. Such as fuel trim, coolant temp, O2 sensor voltages, MAF volume etc etc.

No need to be an *** and no your not gona get all that for 20 bucks

JK360

Reaction score

Yes, Baiscally whatever sensor your truck has, this displays it in realtime

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

Nope, blutooth works fine.

No internet data required.