Torque app for android.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
What made you decide to buy the full versiin iver the free versiin i have the free version and wondering if its worth the 5 bucks

Being able to setup and then save different vehicle profiles in the Pro version is what drew me to it.

"enable this profile to use it's own dashboard layout and custom PIDs rather than the global/PID list"

I have enabled this feature and set things up so that it wont be using the extra GM PIDs in the Toyota and the transmission fluid temp gauge will only be displayed when using it in the K2500 etc. I had downloaded the free version before I got hold of the obdII adapter/device, so I have both versions on the phone, IMO it seems like it is worth the extra five bucks, just so long as you want to setup and save multiple vehicle profiles.

Reaction score
Just downloaded the pro version and have an adapter coming! This app seems great. Cant wait to really use it.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered a wifi adapter and loaded Torque Pro on a spare Android phone. Let's see how it compares to the Scangauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I use it in the 6.5 with my nexus 7 2013.

Nice big gauges. But it's on a nexus 7 so it's only going to be so small.

Reads whatever is in the OBDII stream.

Well, you do have to define a few PID's.

Mine is bluetooth. 10 bucks on ebay. Can't leave it plugged in though. It stays powered from the 12V in the connector even when truck is off.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Being able to setup and then save different vehicle profiles in the Pro version is what drew me to it.

"enable this profile to use it's own dashboard layout and custom PIDs rather than the global/PID list"

I have enabled this feature and set things up so that it wont be using the extra GM PIDs in the Toyota and the transmission fluid temp gauge will only be displayed when using it in the K2500 etc. I had downloaded the free version before I got hold of the obdII adapter/device, so I have both versions on the phone, IMO it seems like it is worth the extra five bucks, just so long as you want to setup and save multiple vehicle profiles.
Thanks good to know! I only have one vehicle with obdII so ill stick with the free

Mine is bluetooth. 10 bucks on ebay. Can't leave it plugged in though. It stays powered from the 12V in the connector even when truck is off.
I didnt know tht i leave it plugged into mu GP all the time

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Good to know. Was wondering why they made one with an off switch.

There is a setting in the app to remind you to pull it out when the truck shuts off.

Anquia

Reaction score
I have it for my TT. Worth every bit of the $20 for the module and $5 for the app. Just a novelty for me, but kind of cool when I use it.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my Wifi adapter in yesterday and got Torque set up on my spare phone. The phone synced righted up and all of the Stock/GM PID's immediately began reading data from the PCM. It was a lot easier to set up than the ScanGauge as I needed to manually set up the PID for the transmission fluid temperature where it was included in the GM PID's in the app. Now just waiting for the car mount to be delivered and to run a charger to it to make it permanent!