Torque app for android.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
I love it, used it from a few different tablets and phones. I have used it on at least a dozen cars as well. Amazing app. I have one of the high end bluetooth adapters.

-Jesse, '96 C1500 5.7L

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
also I found out last night you can use this to pull codes even if the vehicle isn't running... the ignition just has to be on

Sent from my static android

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I downloaded/pruchased(about 5 bucks)the TorquePro app for my Android OS phone and also bought a ELM 327 mini obdII bluetooth adapter(just over ten bucks)from ebay.

I ran the setup on a 2005 Toyota first then moved on to the 1999 Chevy, seemed like a big difference between the two, the Chevy had many more sensor readings available and there didn't seem to be any issues, the Toyota had a bit of a lag or delay which was very noticeable especially on RPM gauge.

The main reason for my buying this was to try and get an idea of what the real time engine coolant and transmission fluid temperatures are for my 1999 5.7 and 4L80E. I had replaced the stock cooling fan with dual electric fans(which use a temp probe that goes through the radiator fins near the upper rad hose)and relied solely on the instrument cluster temp gauge to set the fan controllers ON temp. After checking the temperatures with the OBDII adapter and TorquePro it seems as though I had my e-fans set to turn ON at about 202 degrees F and my trans fluid temp was hovering around 170 while in the city and about 140 on the highway.

TorquePro for Android seems to be well worth the(small)investment IMO. :waytogo: Very cool.

Thanks for the info!

You must be registered for see images attach

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but I use a ScanGauge II in my Trailblazer for all of this same info. It will read codes and give live sensor data as well. I just have it mounted above my radio in front of the center heater vents.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but I use a ScanGauge II in my Trailblazer for all of this same info. It will read codes and give live sensor data as well. I just have it mounted above my radio in front of the center heater vents.

I want one of those but dang they're expensive. Torque Pro and BT for the much cheaper win!

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was pricey but it's nice to have it permanently there. Here is a pic:
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I downloaded/pruchased(about 5 bucks)the TorquePro app for my Android OS phone and also bought a ELM 327 mini obdII bluetooth adapter(just over ten bucks)from ebay.

I ran the setup on a 2005 Toyota first then moved on to the 1999 Chevy, seemed like a big difference between the two, the Chevy had many more sensor readings available and there didn't seem to be any issues, the Toyota had a bit of a lag or delay which was very noticeable especially on RPM gauge.

The main reason for my buying this was to try and get an idea of what the real time engine coolant and transmission fluid temperatures are for my 1999 5.7 and 4L80E. I had replaced the stock cooling fan with dual electric fans(which use a temp probe that goes through the radiator fins near the upper rad hose)and relied solely on the instrument cluster temp gauge to set the fan controllers ON temp. After checking the temperatures with the OBDII adapter and TorquePro it seems as though I had my e-fans set to turn ON at about 202 degrees F and my trans fluid temp was hovering around 170 while in the city and about 140 on the highway.

TorquePro for Android seems to be well worth the(small)investment IMO. :waytogo: Very cool.

Thanks for the info!

You must be registered for see images attach

What made you decide to buy the full versiin iver the free versiin i have the free version and wondering if its worth the 5 bucks