Torque Specs For GM Performance Parts TBI-to-Vortec Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Majoraslayer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use Gasgasinch, but it is the same as contact or rubber cement. You coat the gasket and cylinder head face. I use 2" carb studs to line it all up, that way I can drop the intake straight down, without sliding the gaskets or smearing the RTV on the ends.
The carb stud idea is genius, that would have saved me a ton of headaches over the past 10 years. I've always struggled with intake gaskets for one reason or another. Is the Gasgasinch what you use as the extra sealant around the water jackets as well?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The carb stud idea is genius, that would have saved me a ton of headaches over the past 10 years. I've always struggled with intake gaskets for one reason or another. Is the Gasgasinch what you use as the extra sealant around the water jackets as well?
I coat the entire head surface and both sides of the gasket. If the manifold or head surface has pits, I have used JB Weld, let it cure and use like a 400 grit sand paper on a flat wood block to flatten it.. Otherwise I do not use anything around the water ports.