Engine Rebuild Torque Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have been searching across the internet trying to find torque specs on all the motor internals. I have a spare motor completely stripped to the block and I am installing all new parts. I have been finding a mix of numbers on the internet for torque specs, and can't seem to find reoccurring numbers to use for rebuilding the motor. I currently have a 99 2 door with a vortec motor, and I am rebuilding another vortec motor for it. Anyone use any websites for their information or know of a post in the forums that already discuss this topic? I need torque specs for EVERY part of the motor...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOgzId87FdJQAArvodp8tLfhFA4bI3u2cA_wu5p
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOgzId87FdJQAArvodp8tLfhFA4bI3u2cA_wu5p

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free factory service manuals to download, just have to select your year.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One sentence, get ahold of a $%$^^%% effing service manual for your truck, don't be a dumbass. plenty online info or at Auto Zone , O'Reileys, Advance, etc in the form of a book. There's no valid excuse for not having information you need in the age of digital enlightenment.

What part of Jersey? grew up in Bayonne , Jersey City

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have not heard us banging on about the free OE service manuals here in the forum. It will be your new best friend.
And there are actual books on engine rebuilding.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have not heard us banging on about the free OE service manuals here in the forum. It will be your new best friend.
And there are actual books on engine rebuilding.
It gets mentioned frequently but not sure everyone knows they are there, but a service manual is usually the first step and an invaluable reference for $20 or free online etc. people don't learn with their "I want the answers, but don't want to do any work to get the answers type of questions ." and torque specs are some rudimentary basic crap that's most certainly in the FSM for any engine you are going to build from a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower to an airplane engine.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rock auto has the " Dave Graham " OE service manual copies, on CD. On the 95 I ordered, a few pages are sideways and it left off the index at the end. Oh well.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used this random pdf I downloaded off the internet, don't recall where. I think I did cross-reference it with the FSM a few times and it was either the same or pretty close.

Attachments

• 5.7L Mechanical Torques.pdf
    9.6 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
One sentence, get ahold of a $%$^^%% effing service manual for your truck, don't be a dumbass. plenty online info or at Auto Zone , O'Reileys, Advance, etc in the form of a book. There's no valid excuse for not having information you need in the age of digital enlightenment.

What part of Jersey? grew up in Bayonne , Jersey City
I honestly didnt even look up service manuals, which is my fault. When it comes to looking up stuff for motors, I lack in that aspect LOL. I was just searching for 350 engine rebuild torque specs, and all these janky websites were showing me different numbers for EVERYTHING. It's not that I lacked the information, I just lacked the ability to limit and pick the information. Grew up down in Gloucester/salem county NJ, currently outside of swedesboro.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I honestly didnt even look up service manuals, which is my fault. When it comes to looking up stuff for motors, I lack in that aspect LOL. I was just searching for 350 engine rebuild torque specs, and all these janky websites were showing me different numbers for EVERYTHING. It's not that I lacked the information, I just lacked the ability to limit and pick the information. Grew up down in Gloucester/salem county NJ, currently outside of swedesboro.
A service manual will serve you well, I'm old school so no problem with a paper copy that stays in the vehicle or garage where I can reference it quickly