Vortec mercruiser marine tbi intake questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at a mercruiser marine tbi intake. It is complete with throttle body and injectors no map sensor. I think l31maxexpress said they were 2 inch throttle bodies on them but can't find the post. What do they have for injectors and what pressure do they run?
I'm trying to run a 95 k2500 back together and this isn't what I was planning but I've got a good vortec on the floor and even though this intake isn't cheep it is cheeper than buying the gmpp intake and a bored out 454 tbi.
Did the boats have egr?

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not think that the boats had egr if you do not have to pass an emissions test/inspection I would not worry about it I do not know what injectors where used or what fuel pressure regulator and spring were used if I understand right all tbi and or vortec tbi marine engines used the 2 inch 454 tbi and by that I mean v6 sbc and bbc marine engines

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think l31maxexpress said they used the injectors that the Brazilian 250 six used with e85 but I can't find that thread to save my life lol. No emission worries. If I go this way I'm doing long tubes and full duel exhaust and a cam. Hopefully I can get it to run on stock tune so I can do a log to start with the tuning adjustments lol

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
6 cylinder injectors on a v8 dose not hit my ear right but you never know it could I would think the 9c1 police injectors or the low psi 454 injectors

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a couple different marine injectors. They do not use the Brazilian units. The common marine injectors are 46# and 61# @ 12-13 psi and run at 30 psi. 4.3L-6.2L used a 2" bore TBI and the 46# injectors. These were same injectors used in the later model 454 trucks.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a couple different marine injectors. They do not use the Brazilian units. The common marine injectors are 46# and 61# @ 12-13 psi and run at 30 psi. 4.3L-6.2L used a 2" bore TBI and the 46# injectors. These were same injectors used in the later model 454 trucks.
So if I went this route ep381 pump in the tank and adjust the tune for the injector flow and work from there? Or put the stock tbi 5.7 injectors in and drop the pressure down.
This intake wasn't what I was planning but I've got a good 98 5.7 vortec out of my 1 ton cargo van that was freshened up just before I pulled it. Would be a fast easy way to get the truck up and running again