Spartan locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I went to install my Spartan locker tonight and ran into some trouble.My C clips cannot be installed after I put the locker in. The second photo is what they call the spacer . I noticed my spacer will not slip over my axle splines . My logic says that spacer should fit freely over the axle splines and drop into the "driver" below. Can anybody confirm this should slip freely up and down the splines ? If so I guess I need to clearance the spacers inner diameter ? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20240522_211141.jpg
    IMG_20240522_211141.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240522_211256.jpg
    IMG_20240522_211256.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Answered my own question at around 9:20 of this video the guy ran into the same exact problem and had to clearance the inside of the Spartan spacer . I will do that tomorrow .
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best Spartan locker install video I found done by a guy showing c clip installation
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I wrapped up the locker install, yes just like the guy in the video I had to clearance out the center of both the spacers....very frustrating buying stuff from manufacturers and it simply doesnt fit without reworking it. Getting all the pieces in took some time and patience. I did the left side of the axle first... put the first gear half in ,push the axle through put the c clip on the axle,put the spacer over the c clip then put the second half drive gear over it ...put the whole right side in with the c clip cheater slot facing outward,push the axle in and out until you have the axle slot perfectly aligned with the c clip cheater slot,push the c clip into the slot fully,once seated then cheat the axle outward taking up any slack. Align both halves cross shaft crescents,pull your 4 cotter pins,where your spring cylinders drop into the round machined recesses,put cross shaft in and tighten cross shaft bolt with locktite.....ps I used a little bit of axle grease as glue to help keep the halves together while assembling.

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a spartan locker in my C10 an I hate it. It binds in parking lots an pops loud enough that people think you hit their car.
I was wondering how they act on the real world. Guess for a daily it's better to spend a whole lot more for a Eaton or something similar.
But I'm sure it's a lot more streetable than a Lincoln locker! Lol

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering how they act on the real world. Guess for a daily it's better to spend a whole lot more for a Eaton or something similar.
But I'm sure it's a lot more streetable than a Lincoln locker! Lol
I will give you guys an honest opinion once I have driven it awhile.....I had a Richmond Powertrax in my 462 Buick yrs ago and loved it.