Torque app for android.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Downloaded the lite app tonight. I will be getting the full version soon. The adapter will be here Tuesday.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
funny thing, i used one version of the app on my old phone for a couple years without issue but when i got a new phone, it was a pain in the ass to get it to run properly, i think i actually had to buy the app instead of getting it off of aptoide

scoob8000

Reaction score
It's a great app, I strongly urge anyone using the lite version to buy it and support the developer.

This is one of those things I take with me everytime I go to look at a vehicle I'm thinking about buying.

Even with no CEL, always go in and look at the emission readiness monitors. I've seen a few that had codes cleared recently..

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a WiFi ELM327 adapter thinking I would use it with a spare Android phone I have laying around, but I changed my mind and decided I want to use my iPhone so I picked up at Bluetooth one also. I would take $20 + shipping if anyone wants the WiFi one.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I picked up a WiFi ELM327 adapter thinking I would use it with a spare Android phone I have laying around, but I changed my mind and decided I want to use my iPhone so I picked up at Bluetooth one also. I would take $20 + shipping if anyone wants the WiFi one.

Bluetooth won't work with the iphone unless you're jailbroken and have an app called roqbt. Then you need the addon called roqOBDII. The addon is free, roqbt is 5 bucks IIRC.

Then you need program that allows you to assign the address of your adapter.

Only one I've found that works reliably is dashcommand. That's 60 bucks for just the program IIRC.

I like my iphone, but what a PITA to do anything with if you want to do anything besides what the Apple collective has decided you're allowed....:mad:

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bluetooth won't work with the iphone unless you're jailbroken and have an app called roqbt4.

Then you need program that allows you to assign the address of your adapter.

Only one I've found that works reliably is dashcommand. That's 60 bucks for just the program IIRC......

Oh crap I forgot the iPhone won't do bluetooth!!! Yeah DashCommand is $10 plus another $10 for the GM add-in. The problem with the WiFi adapter is that mobile data is lost while it's connected. Bluetooth interface won't do that.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the DashCommander and I like it a lot. I have been using it for about 2 years now and never had a problem with it. All my buddies come over when there check eng light comes on and we read it right there and fix it. Mine is the Bluetooth version and I also connect it to my pioneer dvd radio as well. I like the new update and the new skins for it as well.

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adapter got here today. It has lights, the only one that is on is the power light. The other two say OBD & PC, shouldn't the OBD light be on???

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine didn't come on until I connected with a device and opened the Torque app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it to work! Just takes patience. ( I don't always have those). I don't think I can explain the excitement. Best thing I've bought for it yet.

Last edited: