Today's junk yard finds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh no ****! These gloves came with the truck! That's crazy cool. I found out the hard way that no matter how well the 25 year old spare tire looks as it's been inside the truck the entire time.... you cant trust it. It detreaded itself ripping off the rear coolant and ac lines while my wife was driving... fun fun. $200 later I had a new spare on the side of the road. Man I need a set of those massive tire irons.

Al

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh no ****! These gloves came with the truck! That's crazy cool. I found out the hard way that no matter how well the 25 year old spare tire looks as it's been inside the truck the entire time.... you cant trust it. It detreaded itself ripping off the rear coolant and ac lines while my wife was driving... fun fun. $200 later I had a new spare on the side of the road. Man I need a set of those massive tire irons.

Al

Man when discount tire took my spare I was pissed. It was the original spare tire. Guess they were right lol.. also yeah the gloves were nice but once they stretch they dont shrink back. Used mine this morning. I'm just carful how I use them so they dont get torn up lol

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
My things that I'm on the lookout for on my next trip are a new front bumper since I FUBAR'd mine, a third row seat, a second row headrest, and some other odds and ends

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tires technically have an expiration date of 7 years after date of manufacture

At the time I didnt know that. Plus suburbans keep them in the vehicle it self with a cover. So I figured it was still good. But nowdays I'm like better to be safe then sorry. Plus when i get new tires ima throw my spare into the rotation so it gets worn and used. Instead of wasting a tire lol.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
At the time I didnt know that. Plus suburbans keep them in the vehicle it self with a cover. So I figured it was still good. But nowdays I'm like better to be safe then sorry. Plus when i get new tires ima throw my spare into the rotation so it gets worn and used. Instead of wasting a tire lol.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of 5 tire rotations

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My things that I'm on the lookout for on my next trip are a new front bumper since I FUBAR'd mine, a third row seat, a second row headrest, and some other odds and ends

Actually I recommend all driver style headrest. They are more beefy for the head lol also what happen to the 3rd row?