To stripe or not to stripe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I like it too, but as posted previously, I’d be really leery of what’s going on underneath. I’ve seen pictures of them after being removed.
Yeah that's my thought as well. I'm 99% sure it's rust free. Only 64K original miles and the previous owner kept it garaged. No salt in the south where I am and I've been under the truck restoring the frame and the rockers are clean on the inside. The paint is original and the only time I'd remove the chrome is if I did a total respray one day.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's my thought as well. I'm 99% sure it's rust free. Only 64K original miles and the previous owner kept it garaged. No salt in the south where I am and I've been under the truck restoring the frame and the rockers are clean on the inside. The paint is original and the only time I'd remove the chrome is if I did a total respray one day.
Good/great chance you’re still good. But, you just can’t get that thought out of your head.

Cackalacky

Reaction score
. . . that is the question???

I laid this stripe down pretty quickly. Any thoughts, Yea or Nay? It’s just a vinyl stripe so I could yank it off pretty easily if it’s a no.

You must be registered for see images attach

To stripe...that is the answer! Looks good from here I'm toying with the idea of leaving off the body molding when I get mine repainted (black) and maybe just leaving the wheel well trim. I'll see once I actually get it done. I don't really care for the plain Jane, everything painted the same look. If I wanted a truck with today's styling trends, I'd buy a modern truck

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
To stripe...that is the answer! Looks good from here I'm toying with the idea of leaving off the body molding when I get mine repainted (black) and maybe just leaving the wheel well trim. I'll see once I actually get it done. I don't really care for the plain Jane, everything painted the same look. If I wanted a truck with today's styling trends, I'd buy a modern truck
I’m a HS teacher and I showed a pic to a student today that has an OBS. He said, uuuuugh no way! I had to explain to him that pinstriping was ultimate’90s bling. He still didn’t get it. :33:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To get a universal consensus on this would be impossible. Pin striping was big in 60’s’, 70’s and 80’s.Maybe even in the 50’s, can’t vouch for that. I didn’t care for it then or now, but many certainly did and do. At least you don’t have your wife’s or GF’s name on passenger door. Remember that?

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
To get a universal consensus on this would be impossible. Pin striping was big in 60’s’, 70’s and 80’s.Maybe even in the 50’s, can’t vouch for that. I didn’t care for it then or now, but many certainly did and do. At least you don’t have your wife’s or GF’s name on passenger door. Remember that?
And you’re entirely sure I DIDN’T put my wife’s name on the passenger door??? :anitoof: :anitoof: