To stripe or not to stripe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
. . . that is the question???

I laid this stripe down pretty quickly. Any thoughts, Yea or Nay? It’s just a vinyl stripe so I could yank it off pretty easily if it’s a no.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah 100% pin stripe it really accents the body line i dig it

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You are entirely correct, I won’t. Though it would be period correct for a 55 year old like me.
The other big lettering trend back then , was having the car's nickname painted on the deck lid, or continental kit cover, or rear quarter panel.....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other big lettering trend back then , was having the car's nickname painted on the deck lid, or continental kit cover, or rear quarter panel.....
I could’ve added that to my 72 F100, with a broken shock mount, it was nicknamed “Dancing Bear” :badger_1: Do you remember him?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
My front plate says “ UGA DAD”. Georgia doesn’t have required front state plates. After our son graduates I do plan to have a plate made that says “G WAGON”. Of course the G will be in UGA font.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My front plate says “ UGA DAD”. Georgia doesn’t have required front state plates. After our son graduates I do plan to have a plate made that says “G WAGON”. Of course the G will be in UGA font.
One of my coworkers has a "Girl" front plate with the stylized G. In Illinois front plates are required, but says she hasn't had any issues.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
One of my coworkers has a "Girl" front plate with the stylized G. In Illinois front plates are required, but says she hasn't had any issues.
They're required in Texas too, but y'all would be surprised how many vehicles don't have them. Especially since Louisiana is a one plate state (and a good chunk of H Town has ties across the big bridge).

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I see that up here too. It doesn’t matter…until it does.
Anymore I think the law has to have plenty of reasons to pull someone over on a traffic stop. Since so many of em run.....I swear about once a week, a police chase is on the news.