tips on demolding,,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id like to get this done here soon,,, over winter im putting cab corners and rockers on my truck so if i mess up the paint im not going to be super upset..

i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on pulling the side molding off of my truck,, (like i imagine using a heat gun will be a big help,,, but is there any other tips i should know??

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
On my S10 I used a heat gun (or hair dryer) and heated a part off, pulled the plastic off, and did that along the whole truck. After the molding was off I used the heat gun and a PLASTIC scraper to scrape off the sticky stuff. Then I used some Wax and Tar remover to get the rest off. After that I waxed it.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I've had good luck just peeling it off then using a 3m eraser wheel to get the tape residue off

Sent from my static android

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice,, i might just try to pull it off tomorrow than,, its probably going to pull some paint off around the cab corners becasue they are shot,,, but idc,,, just means ill have to do the corners sooner,, lol,, 3m earser wheel,, where to get that?,, would napa carry it?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
not sure about napa but most big name auto parts do have it

Sent from my static android

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
nice,, i might just try to pull it off tomorrow than,, its probably going to pull some paint off around the cab corners becasue they are shot,,, but idc,,, just means ill have to do the corners sooner,, lol,, 3m earser wheel,, where to get that?,, would napa carry it?

You could check a local body shop supply. That's where I got mine.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Fishing line + eraser wheel = easiest trim removal.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-