Edge CTS2 for obd1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94BLU3

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a setup similar to the "Customizable lcd gauge cluster" aspect of the CTS for an OBD1 on my 94' K2500.

I am looking to monitor things more closely while giving it that advanced tech in an old truck look.

Any tips, or a direction to explore would be appreciated! I have a fairly moderate understanding and decent experience with modifications so Im not too scared to get into a bigger project. (I am a CNC Fabricator so I have access to a Plasma Table and 3D printers as well so your guy's imagination is the limit)

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it compatible with OBD 1, check your paperwork. 1 does not have the capability of 2, not as many data points.

94BLU3

Reaction score
No they are 2. I figured it wouldn't have as much info. More or less just curious if there was a product out there to monitor data in a likewise manner for the OBD1 trucks. I'm in the midst of designing a center console and want to integrate as many features as I can now to eliminate future headaches and to just make it look fancy.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a setup similar to the "Customizable lcd gauge cluster" aspect of the CTS for an OBD1 on my 94' K2500.

I am looking to monitor things more closely while giving it that advanced tech in an old truck look.

Any tips, or a direction to explore would be appreciated! I have a fairly moderate understanding and decent experience with modifications so Im not too scared to get into a bigger project. (I am a CNC Fabricator so I have access to a Plasma Table and 3D printers as well so your guy's imagination is the limit)
Unfortunately I don’t think it is possible with an OBD2 CTS2. It would be cool if it were possible. I had a CTS3 on my Duramax and it was very handy! GoToGuy might be onto something. The ALDL cable with an iPad (iPad mini?) or android might be easier, could be a viable solution.

You’ve kinda got me thinking about this now, too…

94BLU3

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t think it is possible with an OBD2 CTS2. It would be cool if it were possible. I had a CTS3 on my Duramax and it was very handy! GoToGuy might be onto something. The ALDL cable with an iPad (iPad mini?) or android might be easier, could be a viable solution.

Agreed, I had the CTS2 on my Duramax and loved it. That's what sparked the idea for my new old truck lol. But I like the iPad interface idea. Could be used for stereo applications as well I suppose. Too many fun ideas makes my bank account hurt.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A while back I was kinda looking into a Raspberry pi, an ALDL/USB cable, and a monitor of some kind running TunerPro RT but, didn't follow through...