Edge Insight CTS3 into a 98 OBS Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking to monitor stuff a little more closely. I had a look around and couldn't see this type of device being discussed in a gas application. The company states it won't work with my 98 but I can't understand that given the basic OBD2 connectivity. Has anyone installed one of these in a gas truck and had success? Thanks

If there an alternate make model, please let me know.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have a smartphone? If so, you could probably accomplish a similar thing for less money. A cheap Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and your app of choice (Torque Pro and Dashcommand are my go-tos) will turn your phone into a very capable display with datalogging capabilities. The only other thing you'd need would be a cell phone mount/holder of some sort.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello stranger! :) I hope this finds you well.

You as well, long time no talk!

I currently run several BT OBD2 to phone/tablet but was looking for something that might be purpose built and would mount cleanly to the pillar....

Gotcha, makes sense. I just wonder from a hardware/software perspective if the Edge units are really any better than the Bluetooth solutions...

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You as well, long time no talk!

Gotcha, makes sense. I just wonder from a hardware/software perspective if the Edge units are really any better than the Bluetooth solutions...
I have been busy, like most people :). I am curious about value of units like the edge vs what an old phone and a bt obd reader can provide… just seems odd to ‘permanently’ mount a phone in a vehicle…. Hope others weigh in! Cheers!

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, no. I remain unclear if the CT3 will work. My intuition is it would but given my remote location, I am not prepared to risk purchase and return process to try it :cool: