Proform 66668 Diff Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, lotta hate for dude that just wants a new diff cover lol.

It may sound that way, but that's not entirely the case here. Dude's logic for justifying the purchase is invalid.

I would get it because it just looks good! lol Why would anyone buy aluminum valve covers if not for appearance.

This logic is acceptable. You want it because you want it, not because of invalid claims that it will make the diff stronger.

I road race the Camaro in my sig. I tow that Camaro with both trucks, but when I race I tow it with the dually that has a 5,000# camper in the bed, a 4ft hitch extension, and a 24' enclosed trailer out back. There's no way OP is harder on his equipment than that, and all my vehicles have stock diff covers. They're doing just fine.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No opinion involved in that conclusion though, right? Your lens is the only correct one?

Did you read my posts at all? If you did, you'd realize the possibility of this doing the exact opposite of what the OP wants. He didn't answer my questions with objective facts. If you can, I'm all ears.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Well one guy is clearly stating what and why he wants something as two other guys a huffing and puffing because the OP is not buying into their opinions. Funny, it's always the same two guys telling everyone else they are wrong if they don't capitulate and accept their options as facts. I guess that works on the guys with little or no experience but for seasoned guys that have been around it's amusing as hell. :)

Postmech

Reaction score
AS my momma used to say," Its not always what you say, but how you say it". You could cast Valve covers from iron and they would work great but be ugly as sin.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh and Thx for the bumps guys, I appreciate all the attention you given my thread! But far as I'm concerned your argument against the diff cover is equivalent to nuh-uh!

Far as service, I've done my diff fluid after hundreds of 1/4 mile passes on a car, so it's not like like I'm gonna just do it for fun.

FYI for those who buy alum valve covers that are cast, makes sure to check the rail for casting imperfections/oddities that you can often see as sharp circles that will cut the gasket n cause a leak.