tips on demolding,,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks everyone!!,,

Horns: im going to cut everything and weld in replacement panels,, thats how i did my dodge and i just did my wife's focus.. i really like the two tow that it so i think i am going to repaint it the same color.. but im going to repaint all of the pewter from the front to the back including the flares,, yea i need to get the mounts done,, and when i do i plan on doing the 900 mounts,, ive read about putting them in and my 3/4 ton could use the extra comfort.. lol

bluestreak:they are a set that i got from ebay,, heres a link for them,,, http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-K-SUBURBA...ear:1998|Make:GMC&hash=item4d0091c893&vxp=mtr

You must be registered for see images attach

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had to run to the body shop to pick up some sand paper so when i was there i asked if they had the eraser.. she gave me what they carried and its just like the 3m one but a little different,, so i just pulled the moldings off and used the eraser,, it worked great!!,, i than used it to take off some pinstripes on my wife's focus,, the eraser works great and ill tell anyone to use it!!!

thanks again to everyone that gave me info about this topic,, i hope it helps other out as much as it did me!!

here is a pic of the eraser i used..

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
glad it worked out for ya man truck looks great too

Sent from my static android

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
eraser wheel works great. got mine from snap-on about 5 yrs ago and wouldnt trade it for anything lol. for the molding goes i always used a big putty knife but there again you sometimes leave the glue on the body in spots

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used Goo Gone after removing the molding with a heat gun and heavy fishing string on a NBS Tahoe. Goo Gone works really well and never messes up paint.

Reaction score
I removed a plastic decal from the original dealership "Hawthorn Chevrolet" using hot water, a sponge, a plastic scraper, and a lil bit of finger nails lol. Works really well to for stickers; I removed the "W/T" emblem using this method.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
My tip is to start by removing the rear trim behind tires...this piece will have the most contamination under it. On my truck I could demold it and have it look alrightish but the paint was to yellowed to be perfect. I wet sanded then compounded with wool pad, after 3m wheel of course!. The paint was to far gone...I suggest starting like this before you pull all the trim off! My 2 cents

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I did the fishing line with mine! Plus you get a workout while doing it!