tips on demolding,,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I heard of people using guitar string to remove the trim, then proceeding to an eraser wheel to get rid of the glue/sticky

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok good deal,,, thats my goal today,,lol i will find the eraser wheel

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I heard of people using guitar string to remove the trim, then proceeding to an eraser wheel to get rid of the glue/sticky

That may actually be cheaper and better then fishing string for a lot of people that don't actually fish and have line laying around. Usually the lighter fishing line likes to break anyways.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i imagine that wheel would be good at taking pin stripes off too right? cause if so i can blame it on my wifes car on why i need it,, lol,,, she cant say no if its for her car,, lol

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
demolding done!! not 100% about it,, but i still gotta put corners and rockers on it,,, and make my steps,, so we will see,,

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Looks sooooo much better! The truck will start to look so good once you get that rust repaired.

How do you plan on fixing the rust? And what are your plans to go over the new panels? Paint? Bedliner?

Edit: btw, it looks in that last picture like your cab mounts are shot. You should really consider replacing them with some GMT900 cab mounts.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

Exactly what I plan to do with my 98; colormatched flares and demold