Time for a new radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Before you pull the radiator, you might try tightening the nut on that hard line connection as well. It shouldn't be super tight (you don't want to crack the plastic) but I had one that was leaking on a radiator that was only a year or two old and it ended up being that stamped steel nut was loose. Snugged it up and fixed the leak.

It's worth a shot, even if just to buy some time while waiting for parts to arrive.

My last radiator is a TYC that I've been happy with.

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you mentioned them I will add that I originally bought a two pass aluminum from Radiator Express and it was really badly made. I returned it.

OCT 12, 2016 | 05:04PM EDT
Administrator replied:
I just issued 12 minutes ago
the credit will not hit your card until 3-5 days… could be faster,, all up toe the speed of the processing banks
no restocking was applied.. I have you back.. I’m sorry for all the inconvenience that item caused you
Sold out the rest we had on the shelf and no issues, so that one had to just be the bad apple
:(
Daniel

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got mine, I looked real close at the welds and overall quality before I put it in. It looked like a high quality job.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Public service announcement...

Aftermarket vortec radiators usually include this spare port under the radiator fill. A dinky rubber cap is often provided, but this usually cracks and leaks after a month or so. So, heads up. Either look for one without the port (Delco sells them) or anticipate putting on a more durable cap.

You must be registered for see images attach

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either look for one without the port (Delco sells them) or anticipate putting on a more durable cap.
This is one of your pet peeves huh. The only thing I could find at my local hardware store was a rubber chair leg thingy stopper, whatever you would call that. It's been on for 4 years and still looks in good condition.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is one of your pet peeves huh. The only thing I could find at my local hardware store was a rubber chair leg thingy stopper, whatever you would call that. It's been on for 4 years and still looks in good condition.

Lol, yeah it’s the cheap things that manufacturers do that get old fast. That and I had one of their “caps” split on me and wasn’t expecting it.