Extra fittings on new radiator b624

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but since my truck only uses one side of the fittings do the other two stay covered with the plastic cover or do I have the wrong radiator? Autozone shows it as a direct replacement just wasn’t sure if I’m supposed to plug it up with a metal fitting. It only came with adapters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 5

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can leave the one's on the drivers side capped. They're for engine oil cooling, which you probably don't have. The enclosed tank is seperate from the cooling tubes, just like the transmission cooling side, so no coolant leakage

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radiator manufacturers have consolidated their catalogs such that there are one or maybe two radiators available for a given application. It makes sense for them, and reduces the number of part numbers they have to manufacture to have full coverage, allowing for better returns due to increasing economies of scale. The downside is you the customer have to pay for features you don't need.