Time for a new radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I found someone that makes them, however it is cheap, ****** chinese company known as OBX. I have my doubts but for $126 to my door I am going to order a set. I am sure they will probably outlast the engine or my use for the van. Even cheap silicone hoses are surely better than the cheap overpriced rubber crap Gates or the other parts house brands including Delco sell. The Evans Waterless coolant I am going to run lasts forever and at $50 a gallon I want it to stay in the cooling system.

Got a link? Their website doesn't show any kits for our trucks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like they have '97+ 7.4L and 6.5L only.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Silicone does not hold coolant like rubber. You will loose coolant over time. I have no problems with Gates.... at least on a stock engine.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Silicone does not hold coolant like rubber. You will loose coolant over time. I have no problems with Gates.... at least on a stock engine.
I have had a Silicone hose set on my 07 G35 Sedan for a over a year. My coolant level has not moved at all. I get tired of having to change hoses every year or two.

96-2D-Hoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got mine in the mail and it is very heavy duty. Looks like it will last forever.
So HPS may actually be creating a silicone hose set for our trucks. I inquired on one the other day and they basically said it is inline on the development list and will be in production soon. The factory GM cop cars used a very durable silicone hose set. Usually last the life of the car.