Thread Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you must use teflon tape there or on an oil pressure sending unit, use the yellow hydrocarbon rated stuff.
Teflon tape is Teflon tape. It's "all" rated for hydrocarbon use. Teflon (PTFE) is essentially inert around most chemicals.

Different brands produce/sell it in different colors; which within each brand may or may not have some sort of meaning.

The yellow stuff is thicker than the typical very-thin white stuff. Takes fewer wraps to fill the space between pipe threads which tend to be very coarse. The yellow stuff--being thicker--is therefore somewhat easier to apply.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking around the net, and curious --- is this fill tube needed? I see a lot of engine photos, and some just have a screw-on-cap on the valve cover. Where does the fill tube go?

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking around the net, and curious --- is this fill tube needed? I see a lot of engine photos, and some just have a screw-on-cap on the valve cover. Where does the fill tube go?

Same spot, same threads as the cap.