Thread Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Unrelated but related, you kinda need them on a lot of the LS engines, because the valve covers are buried under the engine cover(s). Not sure if the tube threads in the same way; haven't pulled one out yet. I do know every time I change the oil I carefully hold the end of the tube while unscrewing the cap because the tube does want to turn, too.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4.3 L35’s are a bit different. They have a tab that locks it in, but you have to remove the valve cover to remove, otherwise you snap the tab.
You must be registered for see images attach

One thing to note about this design is since it locks in and uses just the o-ring to seal, it basically confirms the 5.7 design uses the orange “sealant” as a locker.

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unrelated but related, you kinda need them on a lot of the LS engines, because the valve covers are buried under the engine cover(s). Not sure if the tube threads in the same way; haven't pulled one out yet. I do know every time I change the oil I carefully hold the end of the tube while unscrewing the cap because the tube does want to turn, too.

Richard

Sounds like the fill tube is more of a pain than anything.

Might be better to go without and just use the Lisle oil fill adapter set to pour oil when needed. I'll need to see if it has an adapter that screws into the valve cover.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like the fill tube is more of a pain than anything.

Might be better to go without and just use the Lisle oil fill adapter set to pour oil when needed. I'll need to see if it has an adapter that screws into the valve cover.
Easy enough to grab the top of the tube while unscrewing the cap. Without the tube, on my LQ9 6.0, you'd be doing a lot more work to get to the fill cap. Remove top engine cover then passenger side engine cover.

Not my truck - snagged the pic from the web. Can't even see the valve covers. Hell you really can't even see the engine for all that plastic junk. :rofl:

Richard

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy enough to grab the top of the tube while unscrewing the cap. Without the tube, on my LQ9 6.0, you'd be doing a lot more work to get to the fill cap. Remove top engine cover then passenger side engine cover.

Not my truck - snagged the pic from the web. Can't even see the valve covers. Hell you really can't even see the engine for all that plastic junk. :rofl:

Richard
Look at all that fancy plastic!

GM Marketing: "We all know everyone loves plastic! Buying things with plastic credit cards! Women with plastic! Oh yeah! So, this year, we decided to add plastic to the engine to give it that high class hooker feel!"

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Look at all that fancy plastic!

GM Marketing: "We all know everyone loves plastic! Buying things with plastic credit cards! Women with plastic! Oh yeah! So, this year, we decided to add plastic to the engine to give it that high class hooker feel!"
To be fair, they're not the most attractive engines once all the plastic comes off. Much like those plastic chicks once all the clothes and makeup come off. Better turn the lights out and draw the curtains.

(obviously an earlier model, with the mechanical fan - mine's an e fan model so you have a water pump pulley with a rusty threaded hub sticking out, lol)

Richard

l1lartur0

Reaction score
To be fair, they're not the most attractive engines once all the plastic comes off. Much like those plastic chicks once all the clothes and makeup come off. Better turn the lights out and draw the curtains.
It's what on the inside that counts. That being said, a paper bag over the head wouldn't hurt. Might catch fire doing that to the engine but nevertheless...