The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking around and the McGaughy's really looks nice. Only problem is there part descriptions say " for 4 dr models only" mine is a 2dr, but i can't find anything for the 2dr. I don't know anyone with a 4dr around me to compare. Does anyone know if the kit will still work or not?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The shackles and front suspension components can be interchanged between all the GMT-400 trucks and SUVs. 4-door hangers and 2-door hangers and truck hangers are all different.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O.K. here's my ? what 4/6 drop kit would be the best to go with I was going to go with the djm kit but the c-notch doesn't look like it would be as safe as the belltechs/mcgaughy's. Then I was also reading some where...where the belltech's spindals push your front tires out can some one comfirm this an point me in the right direction please. I'm thinking I am just going to go with djm front parts then belltech rear parts lol!!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O.K. here's my ? what 4/6 drop kit would be the best to go with I was going to go with the djm kit but the c-notch doesn't look like it would be as safe as the belltechs/mcgaughy's. Then I was also reading some where...where the belltech's spindals push your front tires out can some one comfirm this an point me in the right direction please. I'm thinking I am just going to go with djm front parts then belltech rear parts lol!!

Mix and match parts all you want. There's no harm in it. When my '91 was dropped 5/8 I had DJM control arms, Eibach coils, BellTech hangers, Suspension Techniques leaf springs, DJM c-notch and off-brand shackles. Talk about mix-n-match.

There's nothing wrong with the DJM c-notch. It's tried and true and does its job.

BellTech spindles DO widen your front track. If that might be an issue with your wheel and tire combo, stick with DJM, Western Chassis or McGaughy's.

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used all DJM in the front and all belltech in the rear as well. I also thought the flip kit and notch looked better, plus this notch doubled as the mounting point for my Air Lift slam air helper bags. I wasn't sure if I could use the bags with the DJM notch. Im really happy with the front and rear setup.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. so which of the two kits would you guy's run McGaughy's or djm's.......................I think i'm going to run McGaughy's but does mcGaughy's push your front tires out like belltech does. The djm c-notches just scare me they look un-safe.......like if I would hit a huge pothole it would let my frame crack unlike mcGaughy's they look like pure beef cake lol!! An oh could I weld the c-notches in instead of bolting them in.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. so which of the two kits would you guy's run McGaughy's or djm's...

Take your pick.

...I think i'm going to run McGaughy's but does mcGaughy's push your front tires out like belltech does.

Like I said before...

BellTech spindles DO widen your front track. If that might be an issue with your wheel and tire combo, stick with DJM, Western Chassis or McGaughy's.

The djm c-notches just scare me they look un-safe.......like if I would hit a huge pothole it would let my frame crack unlike mcGaughy's they look like pure beef cake lol!!

I have a DJM notch. The notch was installed in '98. I put well over 100,000 miles on the truck with the notch as a daily driver. I bought the notch used, so it had plenty of miles on it before I got it. I've driven the piss out of my truck with that notch and loaded the bed down with all sorts of crap. Trust me. A DJM notch is just fine. If you want McGaughy's, then that's fine too, but there is NO reason at all to avoid a DJM notch because it won't hold up. It will hold up just fine.

An oh could I weld the c-notches in instead of bolting them in.

If that's what floats your boat.