The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
ive seen it done before. guy on gmfs did it, he used 2500 control arms, same thing as the 4wd uppers. i thought about doin it when i do mine.

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stupid question: wheres the cheapest place to buy a 3" coil for my obs yuke? and maybe some shackles hanger too??? cheapest i seen is 130 shipped.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
stupid question: wheres the cheapest place to buy a 3" coil for my obs yuke? and maybe some shackles hanger too??? cheapest i seen is 130 shipped.

check stylintrucks, summit, godfather customs. ive ordered from all 3, now as far as cheapest your just gonna have to look around. DONT cheap out too much though.

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i checked all those places pretty much the same price, cheapest i seen 3"djm coils were some guy on gmfs for 130. im always on craigslist too see if i get lucky, last time i found a 4" lift for 2wd for 100$!!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
dang thats cool. id sell you mine, but its gonna be another month or so before i get em out cause the trucks fixin to go in to get the frame straightened

silsbeeman

Reaction score
just bought a 94 cheyenne with 295/50/15's on it. i wanna lower the truck but not sure which is best for what im looking for. not looking to bag it. just a simple lowering kit. dont like how th rear sits a couple inches higher than the front. looking to go with a 2" drop. if this info is already listed, i apologize.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
just bought a 94 cheyenne with 295/50/15's on it. i wanna lower the truck but not sure which is best for what im looking for. not looking to bag it. just a simple lowering kit. dont like how th rear sits a couple inches higher than the front. looking to go with a 2" drop. if this info is already listed, i apologize.

2" drop schackles for the rear will level it. 2/4 would give it a good stance, (springs or spindles/hanger and shackle), but a 295s a big tire so idk how that would do with a bit of drop

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" drop schackles for the rear will level it.

Agreed. If you just want to level it out, a pair of shackles and 45 minutes of your day will have you done.

2/4 would give it a good stance, (springs or spindles/hanger and shackle), but a 295s a big tire so idk how that would do with a bit of drop

The 295/50 is wide, but still shorter than stock. I ran 15x10s with 295/50s and a 2/4 drop for a while without rubbing even once. :cool:

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
The 295/50 is wide, but still shorter than stock. I ran 15x10s with 295/50s and a 2/4 drop for a while without rubbing even once. :cool:

okay, i wasnt sure cause ive got a set of 275/60/15s in the shop that came off an oobs and they are huge compared to stock size. but its always nice to have another person to back it up. im not gonna argue cause ive never run anything that big on my truck