The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the bracket is riveted in place? My rivets must've broken...it's just hanging off the door panel and gets in the way of the window when I try to roll it down. I guess I'll have to figure out how to get new rivets in there. Thank you for your response!

It was riveted at the factory, but a lot of times they are drilled out when the actuator is replaced and nuts/bolts used instead. A lock washer would probably be needed as they can sometimes get loose and back out.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the bracket is riveted in place? My rivets must've broken...it's just hanging off the door panel and gets in the way of the window when I try to roll it down. I guess I'll have to figure out how to get new rivets in there. Thank you for your response!
Yes, they use 3/16" rivets (at least my 88 does). You can go to HF and get this riveting tool and rivets pretty cheap (~$50 IIRC). Be careful, I found my replacement actuators came on brackets that had too big of holes so when we went to rivet them back in, they just fell down. I had to reuse the OE brackets.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here we're doing the 1/4" rivets on the window regulator.
You must be registered for see images attach

JohnBravo

Reaction score
You guys are awesome!! Thank you for the information! I'm having a really hard time finding a window regulator for my passenger rear door...it's almost as if they don't make aftermarket - might have to visit a junkyard.

JohnBravo

Reaction score
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I can only find the fronts when I search under both k2500 pickup and suburban on both sites. I hate to ask, but could you provide a link? I even tried to filter on 1aauto and it only gives me the option of "front" window regulator. It may be bc I'm currently without home internet (storm) and trying to search on my phone.

ncscribe

Reaction score
OK guys. I have a 98 crew cab with a bad headliner and I have a 97 Burb with a good one. Any reason the burb headliner can't be cut to length and used for the crew cab?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK guys. I have a 98 crew cab with a bad headliner and I have a 97 Burb with a good one. Any reason the burb headliner can't be cut to length and used for the crew cab?

I guess the first question is "Why trash the burb?" . @sewlow has written chapter and verse in this very thread the full drill for re-covering a headliner properly. I think that would be a far more elegant solution and you would gain some good skills in doing so. Just my 2 cents which as usual is worth what it cost.