The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My guess would be seat belt light.. there's a plug on were the seat belt driver side connects to carpet. (Turns off the light or on)

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess would be seat belt light.. there's a plug on were the seat belt driver side connects to carpet. (Turns off the light or on)

This is a 1990. No airbag and I don't have a seatbelt light illuminated but that could be it. I had to replace the old belts and this replacement set doesn't have a plug.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about having the OEM belts restored but, you can tell by my profile name, I hacked everything up taking them out and it just wasn't worthwhile. No complaints with the seatbelt planet belts other than they are a little sensitive while pulling the belt out to fasten the buckle.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long as it works lol. When I converted my sub from a bucket seat to a 60/40 I reused my orginal back rest lol. I sure people who pay attention and know these vehicles would probably see that as a hack lol. I like it cause I have an armrest whenever the console folded up

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
This is a 1990. No airbag and I don't have a seatbelt light illuminated but that could be it. I had to replace the old belts and this replacement set doesn't have a plug.

The seat belt light not illuminating with the connector unplugged is normal operation - the switch closes when the belt is unbuckled, opens when buckled.

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I posted in the Wanted area of the Classifieds last night looking for a seat bottom. The drivers seat frame itself is broken and when I pulled the seat it's had some really bad bubblegum welds and a piece of the frame itself had been replaced with a piece of rod. Nothing else on this truck has been cobbled like this. Anyway I'm looking for a drivers side seat bottom. It is power and its leather. I just need the frame to be ok. I can reuse or more likely buy new foam but am wondering if the leather and cloth seats use the same frame? If so I'm guessing it might be easier to find.