The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickpisp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a different set up 95-99 my vents pop out if you just pry it. Idk about yours but I would assume there similar. Just look where it lifts/pivot from and see if it clips on

Don’t do that on an 88-94.

Take out the two fasteners on the left of the vent. There are clips at the top and bottom of the vent on the back.

You must be registered for see images attach

The actual vent is held in with a clip on the back. Don’t try to pry the vent out.

Last edited:

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the name of the goo on the bolts that go through the floorboard, like for the big Torx screws that hold the seats down and the bolts for the spare tire bracket?

AlexAtBakers

Reaction score
Hi there, first of all id like to apologize if i am way off course in terms of proper thread posting. I am trying to identify these seats, i have no clue if they are factory or not. I was just trying to identify them so i can look for the matching driver seat that was stolen out of my truck a few nights ago.

if there is another proper place to post this question please let me know.

The seats match front and rear. They are mounted in my 99 2 door tahoe.

ive searched a lot online and i cannot seem to find them installed in anything.

Thanks in advance!

- Alex

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck looks like a plain wt model. The seats look like vinyl. Plain bucket seat with out arm rest. Doesn't even appear to be powered?

AlexAtBakers

Reaction score
I think junkyard best bet. But those seats look like there in awesome shape btw

They are in pretty decent shape. Thanks!

I've looked at a few yards here but i haven't come up with anything yet. I'm lookin for some kind of confirmation if these are actually correct seats for this truck ( hey idiot, those are just the base seats that came in your basic crank window truck, shouldn't be hard to find them) haha.
I've searched far and wide and they just dont seem to come up anywhere. gonna keep looking though. again, thanks for the input!

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are in pretty decent shape. Thanks!

I've looked at a few yards here but i haven't come up with anything yet. I'm lookin for some kind of confirmation if these are actually correct seats for this truck ( hey idiot, those are just the base seats that came in your basic crank window truck, shouldn't be hard to find them) haha.
I've searched far and wide and they just dont seem to come up anywhere. gonna keep looking though. again, thanks for the input!

Well that's the thing. I didnt know tahoe has a base model. I know suburbans had a plain model. I know cop Tahoe's had plain interiors too. But each of these vinyl seats had a bench in the front. More commonly I know silverado had wt plain vinyl seats but never really seen bucket. The finish does look like a factory pattern. So I would lean towards yrs factory plain vinyl. Its gonna be hard to find a bucket and that color and not torn up. Most wt model got beat up. If that was my truck I would do 2 things... find a bucket seat that's cloth and install that on the driver side and re upholster it to match. Or second option install 2 grey bucket seats and covert your rig to power