The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexAtBakers

Reaction score
Well that's the thing. I didnt know tahoe has a base model. I know suburbans had a plain model. I know cop Tahoe's had plain interiors too. But each of these vinyl seats had a bench in the front. More commonly I know silverado had wt plain vinyl seats but never really seen bucket. The finish does look like a factory pattern. So I would lean towards yrs factory plain vinyl. Its gonna be hard to find a bucket and that color and not torn up. Most wt model got beat up. If that was my truck I would do 2 things... find a bucket seat that's cloth and install that on the driver side and re upholster it to match. Or second option install 2 grey bucket seats and covert your rig to power

Thanks a bunch for the information! switching the seats is most likely going to by my only option, itll allow me to drive the truck and give me time to keep looking for this particular seat style. If i cant locate one ill end up eventually going to reupholstered route. I really do appreciate the advice!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen those style seats in a 400 before. Not saying they aren't factory original, though.
They almost look like the Cop car/Taxi base-model mid-80's Impala seats.

I could see that. The headrest is what's tricking me. I figured our 400s only came with bench seats anyways if it was vinyl

AlexAtBakers

Reaction score
I've never seen those style seats in a 400 before. Not saying they aren't factory original, though.
They almost look like the Cop car/Taxi base-model mid-80's Impala seats.

Thanks for your input! im beginning to thing they might be aftermarket or modified. The seat base and tracks appear original. All GM hardware and levers. Seat even had the weight sensor(i think) harness on it before it was stolen

I found a document through the gm heritage center that states new for 1998 lists vinyl bucket seats for the base with an easy entry center (no armrests.) but thats the only documentation i can seem to find.

It is on page 7 of this document. The first seats upper left on the page.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...formation-kits/Tahoe/1998-Chevrolet-Tahoe.pdf

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for your input! im beginning to thing they might be aftermarket or modified. The seat base and tracks appear original. All GM hardware and levers. Seat even had the weight sensor(i think) harness on it before it was stolen

I found a document through the gm heritage center that states new for 1998 lists vinyl bucket seats for the base with an easy entry center (no armrests.) but thats the only documentation i can seem to find.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...formation-kits/Tahoe/1998-Chevrolet-Tahoe.pdf

Awesome documents.. never seen that lol. I got a suburban brochure but it's not as specific as that lol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Cool!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just spit balling here this kinda looks like yours.. minus the color and it being a passenger

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the information! switching the seats is most likely going to by my only option, itll allow me to drive the truck and give me time to keep looking for this particular seat style. If i cant locate one ill end up eventually going to reupholstered route. I really do appreciate the advice!

Doesn't help you but heres a link of another style seat that's same as your accept cloth. That 60/40 is super hard to find... seems rare. But there may have been 2 styles one vinyl two cloth and vinyl. The link is just random picks of a truck that had it. Seems like there popular on extended cabs

http://gtcarlot.com/colors/car/47767079-12.html