The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbump

Reaction score
I am in progress of converting my truck into a ranch only truck. I am taking out the carpet and am going to line the floor pan. I came across the airbag shock sensor under the drivers seat. Will unplugging the sensor disable both driver and passenger airbags? I would rather not have wires going across the floor if I don't need to and I do not see a reason for the airbag as a ranch vehicle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am considering building this idea. I have 1994 Silverado. First off I have the 60/40 split bench. I really like this setup so no buckets are going in. Anyways, I am first looking at cutting the seat brackets and lowering the seats down about 1-2 inches since I think it will make it more ergonomic with my 6' tall frame, and the trucks 5 speed.

Secondly I am thinking about getting some evilbay roller bearing drawer slides, and some nice flush mount latches from the under rear seat storage compartments from a first gen dakota club cab next time I hit the junky. Wanted to Make a slide out latchable drawer for under both left and right seats. Something where the frames for the drawers would be bolted down sandwiched between the seat mount frame and the floor pan, maybe carpet the fronts to match the interior color.

Thought that this would be nice for storage since I currently just shove stuff under there and kinda forget what I have. The thought that I could unlatch, and slide it open, and see what I have stored then take which item I need instead of rummaging around and pulling out all my crap from under the seat to find 1 item. Lots of ball bearing drawer slides on evilbay. As far as making a storage box that slides open for under each side and a mounting frame, I have that covered easily with fabrication skills. Good idea? Bad idea?

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly like what I want to do. What kind od latching mechanism do you use to keep it shut? I am also considering using old flush mount Galley latches out of the aircraft I work on. Thanks for posting.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Exactly like what I want to do. What kind od latching mechanism do you use to keep it shut? I am also considering using old flush mount Galley latches out of the aircraft I work on. Thanks for posting.

I've used these for hidden doors in custom paneled & upholstered/carpeted trunks.

Magnetic Cabinet Latches.

I'd install them on the outside rear of that drawer.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anybody ever polished the cluster clover? Over the years it has tiny scratches all over and was hoping I could some how buff it out like headlights. Just dont wanna risk ruining the clear cover..

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am interested in polishing out the gage cluster lens myself. I restored some 50 year old taillight lenses for my sons car with a micromesh kit you can get from aircraft spruce and specialty for about $20. The only sandpaper I used from the kit was the 6000 grit. That's some fine stuff, then the polishing cloth and polish. Not sure how optically clear it would make it, but this is used for polishing acrylic aircraft windows. Heres the taillight lenses I used wet sand 6000 grit micromesh, and the micromesh polish hand rubbed into the 50 year old plastic. Pic #1 shows some of the age and damage. Pic #3 are the lenses after rubbing them out. Repop 69 barracuda plastic lenses are $215 a pair, so dull scratched originals for $30 for the pair were just what I needed.

Last edited:

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Has anybody ever polished the cluster clover? Over the years it has tiny scratches all over and was hoping I could some how buff it out like headlights. Just dont wanna risk ruining the clear cover..

Has anyone ever seen any aftermarket covers?