The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blew my 4.3 up and going to be swapping to 350 fairly soon, ive already done some tbi mods to the t/b, will the 4.3 tb work with using the 350 injectors, or will i need to source a 350 t/b?

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my oil changed today because I haven't had the time to do it.
Heard a strange whistling noise while I was driving home? Gonna drive it again to see if I hear it again. If I do any idea what it could be?

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. Just went to put some gas in the truck. No whistling. Guess it was nothing!

Sent from the Z71

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this has probably been asked a dozen times im having a issue with low oil pressure on my 94 it has a 350 tbi when its cold it read 40 to just under 40 psi then when warm it goes to near red but i have zero knocking would this be the sender for the guage i wouldnt think this was a pump issue i would also figure it would knock if there wasnt good oil pressure

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
i tried going to to synthetic blend, driven about 3000km and im down half way on the dipstick, should i go back to a quality conventional?

Way behind the boat on this one... but my dad tried synthetic in his Tahoe and it started to burn the oil. Down about a Qt. at 2700-3000 mi. He went back to syn blend, which is what he used before, and it never did stop the problem. :shrug: