The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im about to buy spark plugs for my 5.7. Anybody want to lend an opinion to what they think is a better buy? I was looking at E3, but I would like to hear some input

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Im about to buy spark plugs for my 5.7. Anybody want to lend an opinion to what they think is a better buy? I was looking at E3, but I would like to hear some input

Depends on whether you've got a TBI or Vortec. A lot of people have good luck with NGK TR55's on the Vortecs, myself included. I've heard the TBI's run best with AC Delcos.

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on whether you've got a TBI or Vortec. A lot of people have good luck with NGK TR55's on the Vortecs, myself included. I've heard the TBI's run best with AC Delcos.

I have a vortec , so I looked up the ngk's and found them for .97 a plug on rockauto.com. I think ill order some of them

Sent from off the beaten path

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the input

Sent from off the beaten path

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this is the right egr block off plate?

Summit Racing Part Number: MRG-7631

Sent from Robl@nd

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this is?

You must be registered for see images attach

This is on my brother's 88 1 Ton dump truck. There is a breather line that runs to the air filter.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Cant really tell but it looks like its the remnants of a secondary air injection (smog) pump setup.

Bearsthetruck

Reaction score
Can a bad PCV valve cause really bad smoking and oil burning?

I'm talking like quarts a week. That PCV was recently replaced also. Just want to make sure this 'shop' isn't trying to cover their a$$es.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yes it can, easy to tell is take the line off the pcv valve and see if its all oily inside. They can pick up oil and suck it into the intake if they do not work properly.