The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Same explanation as David:

The headliner and roof supports are different so you end up with big gaps on the sides of the console, so you have to shave the plastic under the fabric or add pieces in then reupholster.

Mounting points are different so you have to fab something up.

They are different lengths depending on which one you get.

Yeah I saw a few at the yard. It would take some work to make it fit right. I'd rather spend the time making something a whole lot better out of fiberglass.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, has anybody put a short console in? like from an nbs?

Last edited:

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do ya'll get them to bolt to the roof like that? I want one in my crew cab but not sure how it would bolt to the roof? Any info you can provide is appreciated thanks.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the only time you need to screw it in is if you have a regular cab.
the bar support for the overhead consoles cam in tahoes, burbs, crews, and excabs. so if you have one of those, you just need to know where to cut into your headliner to put it in.

Thanks I just found my answer this forum is awesome!!!

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will the short stubby console from the gmt800's bolt easily up to our trucks and fit the conture of the roof? I just want it for the two lights and the cubby hole for my sunglasses. I don't care about the 400's long one.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've held it up, and it's awful close. Neat thing is, you only have to make a couple of slots and use the front screw hole and it snaps into place.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep hitting local salvage yard, want over head and change 60/40 to bucket seats with center floor console.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So if I found a console with a cubby thing where the homlink would go, is it a direct swap does it have to be modified to put the home link out of mine into one that has a storage compartment?