The herd grows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you replacing it yourself? Or having a glass company come in?

Glass company. After it's out I might have to get involved. Hopefully nothing more than surface rust.

If it's only surface rust, I'll hit with some of that rusty metal primer and I picked up some duplicolor spray paint that supposedly matches the paint code, but I guess it doesn't really have to match since you'll never see it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Air craft paint stripper will clean those wheels up nicely!
Yup I believe that's what Kenny used on his truck's wheels, before he polished them. Seen a couple sets on trucks recently added in the local yards, and I know they're asking north of $200 for a set, including core charge and tire removal fees. That's why I keep missing out on the 8 lug wheels.....

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was somewhat thinking of painting them with that aluminum look engine paint, but I think it's too much work for this time of year. They're getting scrubbed and hit with the pressure washer and that's probably it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the windshield is out and there was some rust, but not any cancer. They're charging me an extra $100 to get it down to clean metal and paint it. Plus, he had to get all the caulk out. I'm ok with it. It's a lot cheaper than it could have been.

I guess I should be thankful the PO put the silicone on instead of doing nothing.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks so much better to me. There's still a couple of stubborn spots of caulk we need to pick out, but it's too hot to mess with right now.

With the way the weather is going, we might have to wait until October to do the touch up paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didnt tape it in place. I always had to leave the tape in place for half a day or something like that

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went up to get tires and they have a 4 hour wait, so I paid for them and came back home. Took it to the coin op car wash and gave it a bath.

When I got home and put it in reverse to back up into the spot, it died. Fired right back up, but now I'm wondering if it needs some work. I was planning on a tuneup at some point anyways.