The herd grows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went looking at this with my other son today. Picking it up next week.

I really wanted a Blazer with the earlier interior, and it needs some work of course (roof needs paint), but these are getting harder to find in decent condition. So, I jumped on it.

My dad had a white S10 Blazer when I was kid, and this really brings me back.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The current owner is an auto tech at a local shop. He's going to fix the AC and oil leak per the deal we have.

Here's my list (it's not a project without a list):

"New" driver's seat
Windshield replacement
Paint the roof and touch up a couple of places that need it.
Find some stock wheels and get new tires.
Deep clean everything
Maintenace catch up, change a bunch of fluids, etc.

Pretty short list compared to my last couple of trucks on here. The ol' 5.7 Vortec has 245K miles but it runs well, and the trans shifts fine based on my test drive, so I see no need to LS swap it, LOL. Plan is to let my kid drive it for a year, and then just enjoy it as is.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
We have to get together now, so we can get a picture of your "shorty" 400 and my "full grown Texas size" one....
I'm still thinking about a gathering at the Conroe swap meet, the last weekend of October. Maybe get some of the greater Houston square body guys and trucks too(lots of guys on that forum also have 400s).
I remember back in the day, having swap meets and car shows at the local mall parking lots, cause they were closed on Sunday.....

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went looking at this with my other son today. Picking it up next week.

I really wanted a Blazer with the earlier interior, and it needs some work of course (roof needs paint), but these are getting harder to find in decent condition. So, I jumped on it.

My dad had a white S10 Blazer when I was kid, and this really brings me back.

You must be registered for see images attach
2 door gang awesome there easy to park with the short wheel base perfect height very roomy only cons would be mpg but who cares smiles per gallon, I have to warn you tho people will pester you to buy it happens to me alot

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have to get together now, so we can get a picture of your "shorty" 400 and my "full grown Texas size" one....
I'm still thinking about a gathering at the Conroe swap meet, the last weekend of October. Maybe get some of the greater Houston square body guys and trucks too(lots of guys on that forum also have 400s).
I remember back in the day, having swap meets and car shows at the local mall parking lots, cause they were closed on Sunday.....

I may be moving in that general direction in a year or so, around Huntsville.

Son #2 appears to be falling in love with it. I might not get it back.