Tbi fuel pressure gauge adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did adjusting your fuel pressure help with anything? I bought the same kit, drilled the hole but didn't install the adjuster. I can't for the life of me remember why I didn't install it after having it all ready and on hand when I did the rebuild.
yes, so I could get my VE tables adjusted to run up to 85% DC at WOT with higher pressure. Without it I was running ~106% which meant the injectors were open all the time!

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this site last year and thought it was Xmas. I put everything I wanted into the cart and went to checkout only to find they don't ship outside of USA/Canada, talk about being gutted, you guys don't realise how lucky you all are having everything at your finger tips. Anyway, I found another way around it using 4 different adapters and fittings so all good after all.

If you ever run into that issue again send me a message I can likely ship you stuff.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took these pics today. Looks like it runs around 11 psi at idle. I may have to take the tbi unit back off sometime and install the adj regulator.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Completely forgot my TBI test fittings came in from Jeg's a few days ago. Just opened the package to get some pics and compare them to the Actron setup.

Jeg's had them listed under the brand OEMTOOLS but the bags they came packed in are labeled Great Neck Saw Mfg :) with the same part #. One thing I noticed right away is they have a snap ring retainer at the swivel portion, instead of just a simple lock ring you would have to pick at on the Actron part.

Next difference I noticed is the ID of the outlet is slightly smaller, and there are a few other minor differences in appearance. They're intended to be the same part but they are definitely not made exactly the same. I suspect the OEMTOOLS one might be easier to disassemble in the event you need to service it; I'd bet there's probably an O-ring or two inside the swivel portion.

OEMTOOLS/Great Neck on the left, Actron on the right.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong. I've used the Actron fitting in the past and the OEMTOOLS looks functionally the same.

Richard

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Completely forgot my TBI test fittings came in from Jeg's a few days ago. Just opened the package to get some pics and compare them to the Actron setup.

Jeg's had them listed under the brand OEMTOOLS but the bags they came packed in are labeled Great Neck Saw Mfg :) with the same part #. One thing I noticed right away is they have a snap ring retainer at the swivel portion, instead of just a simple lock ring you would have to pick at on the Actron part.

Next difference I noticed is the ID of the outlet is slightly smaller, and there are a few other minor differences in appearance. They're intended to be the same part but they are definitely not made exactly the same. I suspect the OEMTOOLS one might be easier to disassemble in the event you need to service it; I'd bet there's probably an O-ring or two inside the swivel portion.

OEMTOOLS/Great Neck on the left, Actron on the right.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong. I've used the Actron fitting in the past and the OEMTOOLS looks functionally the same.

Richard
I received mine the other day as well and haven't had a chance to look them over closely yet. Hopefully will get one put in the suburban this weekend and see what kind of fuel pressure I've got.

Thanks again for finding them and sharing the link.