Tbi fuel pressure gauge adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
I already searched through 8 threads and still have no answer
I need a fuel pressure adapter that has a Schrader valve. Preferably to screw Into the throttle body feed line. If not I can go with a post-filter adapter.
Anyone have any part numbers? I've got a 2.8, 4.3, and a 5.7 that this would be great for.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know of a "post-filter" adapter. This one goes in place of the filter, needed for certain applications where there isn't room behind the throttle body for the kind shown farther below.

www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-37650-General-Adapter/dp/B0002SR544/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1NVH1CQT1VXF2

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

and

www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-27167B-GM-TBI-Adapter/dp/B07CWW4ZQT/ref=sr_1_19?crid=1NVH1CQT1VXF2

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You do have to make sure that the Schrader valve included on the adapter is the matching one to the threaded end on your pressure gauge hose. I bought an incompatible adapter, then had to buy a dozen Schrader valves to get the compatible style (pack of 12.)

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first one you linked would be useful for diagnostics in place of the fuel filter. The second one you linked is the one I would choose strictly because of its compact size, and can be mounted permanently behind the TBI unit, as I did on my old '94. I strongly suggest when you're not using it to cap it off so dirt doesn't get in the valve; an old A/C service port cap fits perfectly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Actron sells that same one for $10 and change. Actron # 0180-000-1465 for the fitting: https://actron.com/content/gm-tbi-adapter-716 - or you can buy their whole test gauge kit CP7838 for $50 and it includes the fitting: https://actron.com/content/professional-fuel-pressure-tester-kit

Richard

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I permanently mounted my fuel pressure gauge on the back of my Throttle Body. I got everything I needed from RV Morse Machine, before he passed away. I've had it on my truck for ~3 years now and it still works great. Total cost then was ~$130 including the AFPR.

These guys are proud of their stuff but, you can see what you need to do it, less a 90° 1/8" Street Elbow to get the gauge pointing out the side so you can see it.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first one you linked would be useful for diagnostics in place of the fuel filter. The second one you linked is the one I would choose strictly because of its compact size, and can be mounted permanently behind the TBI unit, as I did on my old '94. I strongly suggest when you're not using it to cap it off so dirt doesn't get in the valve; an old A/C service port cap fits perfectly.

Actron sells that same one for $10 and change. Actron # 0180-000-1465 for the fitting: https://actron.com/content/gm-tbi-adapter-716 - or you can buy their whole test gauge kit CP7838 for $50 and it includes the fitting: https://actron.com/content/professional-fuel-pressure-tester-kit

Richard
i had a heck of a time bending the factory line to get this adapter to fit. YMMV

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had a heck of a time bending the factory line to get this adapter to fit. YMMV
Which one? There are two linked; the first one is way too long to go behind the TBI. It's meant to temporarily take place of the fuel filter, IMO.

The second, much shorter one, fits fine behind the TBI. Usually you need to loosen the fuel line bracket at the bellhousing to move the line back a little bit, install the fitting, then tighten the bracket back down. I wouldn't have bent the line..

Richard

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually you need to loosen the fuel line bracket at the bellhousing to move the line back a little bit, install the fitting, then tighten the bracket back down.
I was just replying to tayto's post with the same thing, ha ha. The adapter I posted fit fine after I did that ;)

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one goes in place of the filter

I had one of these in my toolbox and it rusted like the devil after the first use, rendering it useless... a "single-use" tool.

If you get one, coat it with light oil after use or it may suffer the same fate.

Since it replaces the filter when in use, rust will not be your friend.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which one? There are two linked; the first one is way too long to go behind the TBI. It's meant to temporarily take place of the fuel filter, IMO.

The second, much shorter one, fits fine behind the TBI. Usually you need to loosen the fuel line bracket at the bellhousing to move the line back a little bit, install the fitting, then tighten the bracket back down. I wouldn't have bent the line..

Richard
I had thought about loosening that bracket on the bellhousing but then i proceeded to man handle the line. made it work but guess it would have made my life easier if i loosened that bracket.